Sunday, April 22, 2012

High School Portfolio: Breadth

Oil (lil' Cove) This was the first oil painting I ever did

 Colored Pencil (I'm thinking Amish) this was an assignment we had in commercial art where we had to take a famous piece and incorporate some sort of advertisement.

 Acrylic , this was a simple assignment we had in high school to paint a pop can, we ran out of canvas so I used some old fabric from a pair of jeans,
 Acrylic, This was an assignment we had in high school. It was some sort of artist's style I can't remember who but It was pretty much a basic block and shade style

 Colored Pencil, This was an assignment in high school where we had to take a picture of someone and change the hue of their skin and do the shading according to the new color.

 Chalk Pastel, Another High school assignment
 Graphic, I think I might have been a Sophmore in high school when I did this

 Colored Pencil, I was a Freshman in high school

 Watercolor, This was the first water color I tried

 Chalk Pastel (Lady in the Water) This one was fun to do, I did it on a black matte board. Its was supposed to sort of symbolize certain 3rd world countries where fresh clean water is scarce while we often take it for granted. See if you can figure out why I named it lady in the water.

 
 Oil, (self-Portrait) This was sort of my High school pride and joy, its almost 5 feet tall (I always wanted to try a big painting) and before you go on thinking I am all vain you should know that this one took me 16 months to do so after that I didn't have any more time to do big ones haha. I won  some awards for this one including Master's award at the Springville Art Show, 1st place at the Brigham 2 county Art competition, 1st place sweepstakes award at the Box Elder County Fair, People's Choice award at Box Elder County Fair, and Popular award and the Utah State Fair. the only problem now is I don't know what to do with it.
Charcoal, a simple sketch

No comments:

Post a Comment