Sunday, April 22, 2012

Paintings I did On my Mission

 Oil (White Butterfly) This was a painting I did in my mission. In my 4th area my companion's uncle died who he was really close to. The next day a black butterfly fly in our house. (In the Philippines when a black butterfly flies in your house it either means someone close to you will die or a spirit of someone close to you is in the room.) So in sort of a joking way he said, to the butterfly "leave me alone you've already done your business" the next day we found out that his niece and nephew had died in a tragic house fire, it was really hard on him, their bodies were found burnt with the boy holding his younger sister in his arms trying to protect her. So I bought some paints and every p-day I worked on it. I didn't have much as far as references go. So I had to make up a lot of it in my head. Right before he went home I gave him the painting and told him to give it to his sister. She loved it!

I had a ukulele on my mission and I decided to start painting it so this is what I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment